- APRIL 2017
- Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th - Classic Commercial Vehicle Rally (diesel)
- JUNE 2017
- Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th - Model Railway Show (diesel)
- JULY 2017
- Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th - Steam Gathering (diesel)
- August 2017
- Running days to be confirmed
- December 2017
- Saturday 2nd - Santa Event steam if possible
2016 / 2017 has been a busy year at KSE in terms of capital works and there is a lot more work to do. Our volunteers that run the special events and train services are heavily involved in the capital works so we have to limit our events program for 2017. All the dates above are confirmed but we hope to be able to operate more events and operating days if possible. Our resident steam locomotive 'FC Tingey' is currently undergoing its five yearly overhaul so we are uncertain when it will be available so cannot confirm steam operating days at present.
We aim to run steam trains on the days indicated but occasionally we may have to substitute it for diesel hauled trains. Our Facebook page holds the most up to date information about events and you are advised to check this before setting off.
The train timetable for operational days is 10-30 to 4PM with services running on the half hour with additional services as required. The trip is currently over a total distance of one mile and we aim to extend the line in the future and have left the prices for train fares at the 2014 rate.
Admission to all other events are free with charges for train rides
Train Fares 2017 Season
- Adult Ticket £3-50
- Family Ticket (2 adults & up to 3 children U16) £6-00
- Additional Children £1-00
- 1370 Club Members* Free & 50% off family ticket
- Tickets are valid for unlimited travel on the day of purchase
- Footplate Ticket (age over 16 yrs only) Steam £10-00 Diesel £5-00 (single trip only)
* 1370 Club membership details can be found on our shareholders page
Picture showing our resident steam locomotive 0-4-0 saddle-tank FC Tingey 2084 in 2012 at the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations