- MARCH / APRIL 2018
- Saturday 31st March & Sunday 1st April - Classic Commercial Vehicle Rally (diesel)
- MAY 2018
- Sunday 6th - Diesel service
- Sunday 27th - Steam / Diesel Service
- JUNE 2018
- Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th - Model Railway Show (Diesel)
- JULY 2018
- Sunday 1st - Diesel service
- Sunday 8th - Diesel service
- Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th - Steam Gathering (Steam service)
- Sunday 22nd - DRIVER FOR A FIVER no passenger trains
- Sunday 29th - Westmorland Dales Day (Steam service)
- August 2018
- Sunday 5th - Diesel service
- Tuesday 7th - Diesel service MIDWEEK SERVICE
- Thursday 9th - Diesel service MIDWEEK SERVICE
- Sunday 12th - Steam service
- Sunday 19th - Diesel service
- Sunday 26th - Steam service
- September 2018
- Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th HERITAGE OPEN DAYS
- December 2018
- Sunday 8th - Santa Event
The last eighteen months have been very busy year at KSE in terms of capital works and our workshop and engine shed have progressed well. Last year we had very limited train services due to the sheer extent of work which included a complete re-design of track on the site. Our volunteers that run the special events and train services are heavily involved in the capital works so we had to limited our events program for 2017.
Our resident steam locomotive had to undergo its five yearly hydraullic test in addition to the usual boiler certification. As a result of this work we still have not been able to commission FC Tingey for Easter but will run a number of steam operating days in 2018.
All the dates above are confirmed and we aim to run steam trains on the days indicated but occasionally we may have to substitute it for diesel hauled trains. Our Facebook page holds the most up to date information about events and you are advised to check this before setting off.
The train timetable for operational days is 10-30 to 4PM with services running on the half hour with additional services as required. The trip is currently over a total distance of one mile and we aim to extend the line in the future.
Admission to all other events are free with charges for train rides.
Train Fares 2018 Season
- Adult Ticket £4-00
- Family Ticket (2 adults & up to 3 children U16) £7-00
- Additional Children £1-50
- 1370 Club Members* Free & 50% off family ticket
- Tickets are valid for unlimited travel on the day of purchase
- Footplate Ticket (age over 16 yrs only) Steam £15-00 Diesel £7-50 (single trip only)
* 1370 Club membership details can be found on our shareholders page
Picture showing our resident steam locomotive 0-4-0 saddle-tank FC Tingey 2084 in 2012 at the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations