Updated 14th February 2018
2018 see the 20th Classic Vehicle Rally which is the biggest free event of it kind in Europe. There are free classic buses between the exhibit sites and they meet all trains from the mainline Kirkby Stephen station on the Settle and Carlisle railway during the event.
The event runs over two days Easter Saturday & Easter Sunday from 10am - 4pm each day. On Easter Saturday at 4pm a Classic Vehicle Road Run start from Brough
The East Station is just one of the sites for the rally and the sites are listed below
- Brough Grand Prix Coach depot and Brough Village (main car-parking site)
- Winton Village
- Kirkby Stephen
- Mountain Rescue Post
- Auction Mart
- Town Centre - children' s fairground with Edwardian rides
- Stainmore Railway Company - The East Station, South Road
- Main Co-op car park (Sunday only)
We will be operating trains from 10-30AM - 4PM on both days of the rally. In addition to train rides we will have a number of stalls on the platform and refreshments will be available in our Buffet car. We also have a number of exhibits on site.
Due to our resident steam locomotive 'FC Tingey' undergoing its five yearly overhaul the service will be Diesel hauled
- Station shop selling Bachmann, Graham Farish, Exclusive First Editions, transport DVD and books plus a wide range of other items
- Local WI table top sale
- Our resident locomotives and rolling stock
- Miniature traction engines
- Model displays in the station building
Parking is limited at our site but we will have designated disabled badge holder spaces. We recommend parking at Brough or traveling to us by train and using the classic buses to travel between sites.
We will be open on Easter Monday from 10am - 4PM for visitors but not operating trains.
For the most up to date information about the rally check out this link to the Classic Vehicle Rally Facebook Page.