Due to the fact that we have an extensive building program for our water tower, engine shed and track-work in 2016 /17 we are not planning any Murder Mystery events for this year.
The KSE Footplate Experience Courses were first run in 2013 and have proved to be very popular.
Places have to be pre-booked and courses are held twice daily 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm. At the time of booking 50% of the cost must be paid and the remainder 10 days before the course.
The cost includes lunch. Lunch can be cooked 'on the shovel' by request from 1pm - 2pm. The Courses can be booked as a gift for a third party and participants have to be aged over 16 years.
The course includes
- A safety briefing before the course commences
- Basic instruction about how to drive and fire a steam locomotive
- Travel on the footplate driving and firing, under supervision, for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours with a maximum of one other participant
- Time for photographs and the opportunity to bring up to two guests with you on the day
- A signed certificate at the end of the course
Please contact the events group for more information.
Picture from the end of one of our 2013 Courses after which the participant received their certificate
- YOU MUST
- Be aged between 16 and 75 years
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- with good eyesight (with glasses if necessary) and reasonable hearing
- Be fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided
- Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs
- Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are not permitted
- Wear a pair of overalls (100% cotton) for protection
- Not attend under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- We regret that, for safety reasons, this course is not suitable for individuals with severe mobility problems or those with learning difficulties
- Please note Stainmore Railway Company reserves the right to reschedule a course if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached
- Cancellations and requests for changes of date may incur charges