Stainmore Railway Company (SRC) is a company limited by shares (registered in England No 3959471). It is a volunteer run, non-profit distributing company who’s aims include:
- Restoration of the former Kirkby Stephen East Railway Station and development of the site as a Heritage Centre and working railway representing the early 1950’s.
- Obtaining, restoring and operating a representative collection of locomotives and rolling stock.
- Provision of an educational resource relating to local history and the development and operation of the railway.
- Provision of training in all the skills necessary to restore and maintain the railway and its infrastructure.
If you wish to support our work you can :
- Become a shareholder for just £10-00 per share.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for £12-00 per year
- Apply for shares by monthly or annual standing order which helps provide a regular income for our work
- Become a volunteer
- Visit our site at weekends and have a ride on our train on operating days
- Like us on Facebook
- Leave a review on TripAdvisor
- Shop on line via our Easy Fundraising site which enables us to raise monies for our shed appeal
Visit us on Facebook to learn more about our work and for up to date information about the events at KSE
We are rated as the number one visitor attraction in Kirkby Stephen by Trip Advisor